- This website is a collection of health education resources you can use free of charge.
- For patients and families: To learn about health and successful recovery as simply and clearly as possible using engaging “tools”
- For communities: To empower people toward healing and self-care by exploring holistic and natural health options along with traditional ones
- For nursing or other health care students, faculty or professionals: To learn and teach with high quality presentations, handouts, and learning activities
- To encourage use of the Webquest: Recognizing Mental Illness to increase awareness and work on this important skill
- To showcase Recovery Workbooks about mental health topics and managing pain that are for sale on the Store page
- To offer a Coping and Relaxation Workbook that can be used free on the Recovery Resources page or in the online store.
com/rehabs/ – For helpful information (for each state) on substance abuse and addiction, including recovery options. Also see other addiction related resources at https://www.addictioncenter. com
Browse the wide variety of resources you will find on the educational resources pages. If you use something, please give credit to the author and the website.
Health Vista, Inc. was created by Mary Knutson, RN, MSN, as a business and website for quality educational resources. In 2005, a degree of MSN-Nurse Educator was completed followed by a Nursing Informatics Certificate in 2014. Mary worked as a clinical instructor for nursing programs, in long-term care and other hospital roles. She also worked as a psychiatric nurse, a clinical research coordinator, a community health nurse, and other RN roles unrelated to this business or this project.
Mary Knutson is passionate about patient education, especially Recovery Education. More workbooks and other learning activities are being developed to be added to this website in the future. For questions or comments, please contact her.
- To develop and promote clear and practical health information for the healing of both body and mind.
- To empower individuals, families, health care systems, and communities to be healthier through education and support.